Choosing a barrel styling hairbrush can be a daunting task as much depends on your hair type and styling requirements. We’ve narrowed down the choices and the publicised advice to give you some rules of engagement.
First there’s the bristle choice. Natural bristles are less damaging, combat static and are ideal for fine or thin hair.
A mixture of nylon and natural bristle is the go-to solution to penetrate wet or thick hair and a brush with closely spaced, all nylon bristles will allow you to style thick curly hair to a straight and smooth finish.
A vented barrel allows a heated stream of air to flow through the brush and hair. This ensures high-speed drying plus easier root lift, volume and movement. All done with minimum time and effort.
In a nutshell
- Allow your hair to dry 80% before brushing to avoid damage
- Brushes with a small diameter suit shorter styles while larger diameter brushes give better results on longer hair
- Work through wet hair with a wide tooth comb to detangle before using the styling brush
- Keep the dryer moving at all times directing the heat at the barrel.
- Maintain tension on the brush as you move it through the hair to ensure a salon quality finish
- Wash brushes regularly to remove product build up.
- Old is new again does not apply to brushes! Those with broken bristles are best dropped in the bin.
It’s now time to brush your way to a crowning glory.