Whether or not you have natural blonde hair or yours is colour processed, the right maintenance regime is essential to maintaining healthy hair.
Shampoos – Invest in a purple or silver shampoo that is designed specifically to maintain and protect color. Most are not overly clarifying and are sulfate free to help prevent dryness.
Conditioners – Most shampoos will have their conditioner partners so it makes sense to have one compliment the other. Keep in mind that bleaching is very drying and a good quality conditioner is a must. Gently combing through with a wide tooth comb will carry the product thoroughly through the hair.
Masks – Regular use of a hair mask is a great way to boost condition and fight damage caused through chemical processing. If your hair needs a pick-me-up then a mask is the go to product to keep problems at bay.
Tips and tricks
- Add conditioner to your hair before going into a pool
- Use a protective spray when blow drying
- Keep the dryer moving while working with your hair. Try low settings.
- Get regular trims
- Avoid the sun – wear a hat
Brands offering overall solutions
Investing in quality products will save you heartache and costs in the long run. Prevention is better than cure, so talk it over with your stylist or choose from the ranges offered by these brands.
- Goldwell Dual Senses Rich Repair
- Bumble & Bumble Color Minded Sulfate free shampoo
- Kerastase Chroma Captive mask
- Paul Mitchell Forever Blonde